I’m originally from SoCal, but am currently living in Phoenix, Arizona.
I like thinking big thoughts.
I strive to write readable and performant code.
I hope to leave the world better off than I found it.
- Back-end web development
- Utilizes object-oriented design principles to accurately represent business processes while maintaining flexibility for future changes to requirements.
- Front-end web development
- Keeps up-to-date on common web application attacks and their corresponding countermeasures.
- Ruby on Rails
- Tuft & Needle
- Software Engineer
2015-09-08 — Present
Refactored payment processing systems.
Integrated main application with Affirm API.
Lead the effort to move applications from Rails 4 to Rails 5.
- JetPack Enterprises
- Web Developer
2015-02-01 — 2015-08-21
Performed full-stack development of web applications.
Repaired, refactored, and added features to legacy software projects.
- Bloom & Speak Bilingual Tx
2012-01-01 — 2015-01-31
Conducted market research, created business plan, developed short and long term strategies.
Obtained funding, negotiated contracts with state agencies and insurance companies.
Taught myself computer programming for business automation tasks.
- Mesa Police Department
- Public Safety 911 Operator
2011-02-01 — 2013-03-31
Answered emergency phone calls, made timely appropriate responses based on department policy and personal judgment.
Relayed information to first-responders, coordinated dispatch, gave instructions to callers in life-threatening situations.
- Arizona State Univesity
- Political Science, BS
2005-08-20 — 2009-05-11
GitHub — Portfolio — LinkedIn